1. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Last night when I received a text from someone who has recently caused us a lot of trouble and I was trying to work how to reply. It was more like a rabble of really angry butterflies. I was thinking of that Winston Churchill quote – Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
2. What was your last alcoholic beverage?
Wine – last night. Don’t worry I wasn’t drunk texting.
3. Who can you trust?
4. Where was your first kiss with your current significant other?
Oh, wow, well it was in about 1985 but I’m not sure where – maybe at a party we both went to. I was with my boyfriend who wasn’t who I was kissing – it’s complicated.
5. Favorite Band?
Don’t have one that I’m mad about.
6. What is something you’ve learned about yourself recently?
That I don’t fall apart under pressure. It was a little concerning actually, how much of a shit I didn’t give.
7. Do you like anyone?
lol – rarely.
8. Do you know anyone who is engaged?
9. What’s your favorite number?
I’m a fan of the low evens.
10. Who was the last person to make you cry?
The arsehole from question number 1 – but they were angry, frustrated tears not sad ones.
11. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yes – I had to travel bloody miles and seemed to be gone for months. I was sick there and spent time in the hospital. I was there for so long that my mother had time to write me letters. My dog had been bitten by a snake and she was giving me progress reports. There wasn’t any talk of coming and taking me home.
12. When was the last time you cried?
Last week – just for a couple of seconds. I don’t like crying – I’m an ugly crier.
13. What is one thing you miss about your past?
Nothing much. My VW beetle maybe.
14. What is one thing you’ve learned about life?
Just one? That it can be a real bitch sometimes but most of the time its grand.
15. Are you jealous of anyone?
16. Is anyone jealous of you?
Lol – no idea.
17. Has a friend ever used you?
Oh gosh, probably. Oh yes, when I was 15 I had a boyfriend and he had a best friend who was always hanging around and this girl became friends with me so she could get with the friend. Nothing too drastic.
18. Has anyone recently told you that they like you more than as a friend?
19. Who was the last person you drove with?
Ummm, my daughter. It’s always fairly terrifying.
20. What are you looking forward to?
Lunch today to celebrate my daughters birthday and hanging out with my girls on Wednesday.