1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
I make my greeting cards so it’s usually all about the picture. Although I did go through a stage of making up Dr Seuss style verses to put inside and they were pretty cool. Or I thought so.
2. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
I’m not much of a cake eater but probably just plain old basic chocolate.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
I make lots of gifts for people – usually using a photo I’ve taken or one of Papas. If I buy something I put a lot of thought into it and consider who it’s going to.
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
I wouldn’t choose to have lunch with the President. I wouldn’t choose to have lunch with our Prime Minister either. Why ruin a good lunch with politicians.
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
Pop ups I guess – I don’t get much spam email, my filter must be pretty good.
6. What was the best party you’ve ever been to?
It was a fondue party in about 1985 that one of my friends threw for some reason. He had about twenty fondues set up with all sorts of things to dip, sweet and savoury, lots of cheese. Lots of loud music and the alcohol was flowing – it was a pretty fun night.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
I don’t know anymore. Since this tinnitus developed they’re both awful, I just like moderate constant noise. Too quiet and I concentrate on the crazy chirpy ringing noises in my head but too loud drives me to distraction and I can’t concentrate on what anyone’s saying. Especially scraping noises – cafes with tile floors and chairs dragging in and out and coffee machines blasting – ahhhhhhhh.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
I’m not a gambler, I’d keep the first
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?
No really. People on phones don’t bother me, I can block them. People with no manners need etiquette lessons in all areas of life not just in phone use. The ones who do annoy me are the ones who walk along the footpath looking at their phone and not where they’re going and assume other people will move out-of-the-way but I don’t, I just push them.
10. What’s the most messed up food combination that you’ve had that was actually good?
I think people are usually surprised about vegemite and avocado toast or egg and vegemite toast. It’s the contrast between the creamy and the sharp that works.
11. What’s one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)?
When you tell someone something and then they come back a couple of days later and tell that same thing to you as if you weren’t the one who just told them.
12. When is the last time you had home cooking?
Last night – I have it every day.
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose?
Well I always fancied being Sugglepot or Cuddlepie (gumnut babies)
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
None – I don’t watch them.
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be?
Chicken Little – just so I could know what goes on in that little head.
16. What’s your favorite girl’s name?
Well probably the ones I chose for my daughters but I do like the name Eadie for a girl and I didn’t get a chance to use it as my third baby was a boy. It was the name of one of my grandmothers friends.
17. What’s your favorite boy’s name?
Lloyd. It’s always cool to meet another one, they pop up every now and then.
18. What’s your supermarket of choice?
Wherever things are the cheapest and not many people go to.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
I don’t know – I really don’t have many dress up supplies in the house and I’m not going to the shops. There’s an afro wig up in the spare room.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
Nothing!! All food and drinks should be banned from the movies. Unless it’s oatmeal or something soft like that. I have never understood why people can’t just sit for two hours without having to eat and drink. I mean seriously – is there anything more annoying than the slow chip packet opener cracking open that packet second by slow second in an effort to be quiet.